Sunday, September 01, 2013

'In My Daughter's Eyes' (Inspired By A Song)

Hi, I was so honoured and excited when I was asked to be a guest designer for The Stampsmith, for September, October and November.  Those of you who know me, or follow my personal blog, will know that I have had a love of their photo-real stamps for quite some time.  I was asked to choose the theme for the current challenge which was posted today, for which I chose "Inspired By A Song" - just use a song as your inspiration for what you decide to create.

As I love my wall hangings, I decided to create one for my first project using a stamp from the 'Thank Heavens For Little Girls' plate::


It measures 8 x 8 inches and has been painted with chalk paint, stamped, painted again and sanded a few times in between.  The image of the beautiful little girl was stamped onto Ranger speciality card in Coffee Archival Ink and matted and layered..  The texture framing the hanging has been created with Grunge Paste and highlighted with gilding wax, and the ribbon roses I made with various off cuts of ribbon,.  Most of the metal embellishments were given the chalk paint and gilding wax treatment, some crackle glaze was used in various places, and it wouldn't be complete without some lace!  The full details are on on my blog here.

A few close ups:



The song which inspired this creation is called "In My Daughter's Eyes' - the words are beautiful and it took me back to when my daughter was born and all those feelings you have for your child!  The words to the song have been printed and rolled up, and are tucked inside the little glass vial which hangs on some chain from the bookplate.

There's a whole month to enter the challenge over at The Stampsmith Challenge Blog, and don't forget, you could win $21 towards your next stamps!

Take care

Maria xxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria
I am so excited that you are a GD for TSC.
You know I adore your creations. This is absolutely stunning.
Wishes
Lynne

Inkypinkycraft said...

absolutely beautiful so delicate and gorgeous details and soft colours x hugs trace x

Karen McAlpine said...

This is so Lovely, Maria!! The flower embellishments are awesome!!