Monday, June 15, 2009

Friends cards



The main image for this card is sold as a single called Girlfriends. It comes in this size and a smaller version. It is stamped on glossy cardstock with Memories black and coloured with waterbased markers used as paint and chalks. The words are made with a dymo label maker and the embossed lines on the bottom of the card were done using a Scor-it.



This image is from the Those were the Days plate. It is also stamped in Memories black on glossy cardstock, and coloured with markers and chalks. The friends label was done using green vellum in a dymo label maker.

More details can be found on my blog.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! How did you do those backgrounds?

LadyDoc said...

These look wonderful!

Kim said...

Rosemary, all your cards are beautiful! I love the backgrounds you did, I tried that technique and mine looked awful!! Yours are gorgeous! I also didn't know you could put vellum thru the dymo label maker! I love learning something new! Thank you so much for sharing your new cards! The Lucy card made me laugh!! lol
:)
Kim

Rosemary said...

Thanks, ladies. Anonymous (sorry, I don't know your name) the backgrounds are done using a variation of Tim Holtz's alcohol ink and splatter technique. He uses alcohol inks and a can of compressed air on glossy cardstock, I used Copic refills and an airbrush. Kim, I find that I can chase the ink around really well with the airbrush. Also, I think you have a little more time with the copic refill ink, than with the Ranger alcohol inks. They all look like nothing until you stamp on them, though, then they come alive.

Rosemary :-)

joanne wardle said...

gorgeous cards

Maria Loomis said...

Rosemary these are wonderful! I was just at Office Depot last weekend and picked up a can of compressed air to try out this technique after a Ranger rep visited a local stamp store. You did a great job with these backgrounds. I am going to give this a try using some stencils...wonderful ideas ;-)