Saturday, August 18, 2012

Funny Desk Art

I've created a funny bit of framed art for my latest DT piece...which I think my hubby has claimed for his desk at work.   The patterned papers are from a 'Vintage Timeless' paper pad.  They're lovely papers and I thought the vintage writing, pocket watches and postmarks would go well together on this piece.
 
I've been wanting to play with this photostamp of AE by The Stampsmith for some time now; I'm actually snickering to myself at how it turned out. How funny is Einstein in this pic?

I pondered for a while on what I thought he might be saying and I settled on this quote that I found by him. I chose a nice font (Gessele) and printed it off.

 In case you can't read the quote, it reads as follows:
"If A is a success in life 
then A equals x plus y plus z. 
Work is x, y is play; and 
z is keeping your mouth shut." 

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)
 

1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

Love this - the Einstein stamp will have so much mileage, there are so many great quotes by him, but it's hard to think of one which will top this!!
Alison x