Saturday, August 11, 2012

Her Face Tells A Story

Hello Everyone
I would like to share a piece of jewellery that is my DT sample for this month's TSC Anything Goes and which was actually made with a friend in mind for one of her birthday gifts.
I used Cleopatra and Friends plate which consists of six Shakespeare characters.
I always associated The Stampsmith with photo real stamps (excluding the much loved Ophelia) but Estelle has a beautiful array of non-photo real stamps, in particular Shakespeare characters, such as Portia above.
I will hold my hands up and say that I under-estimated this plate. It is far more versatile than I could have imagined. In the short time I've had it to play with I've stamped Portia alone onto cards, tags, altered canvas, an altered box, this brooch and more to come. Isn't that what we all want from our stamps, that we can use them time after time on different projects to ensure the best value for money.  By viewing them simply as beautiful images they extend beyond the appeal of Shakespeare fans alone.
Remember that the August TSC is underway and we would love to see your Anything Goes artwork. If you are interested, click the link on the sidebar.
More details of this brooch on show at my Blog, Adorn.
Wishes
Lynne

No comments: